Thursday, March 01, 2007

This is the bunch...


Folks-
What you see in this photo is a bunch of nicest people that Atlanta has to offer. These are Doctors, Engineers, Professors, Teachers, IT professionals, Poets, Aerospace Engineers, MBAs, Dancers, Business owners, including a Director of a fortune 500 company. They represent some of the finest schools in the world like Chor Bazaar Municipal Urdu School, IIT, IIM, Georgia Tech, and Emory to Harvard Business School. The only jebroni you see is standing on the lower right side wearing a light blue shirt with black t-shirt, wondering “raat main khana kiya kahoongaa?”

And they ALL worked like hell on my film. They even did menial jobs for the film, something that they would never do in their normal life under any circumstances. They spent countless days and late nights away from their spouses to work on my film. They did all that and more because they loved me and wanted to make sure I realize at least ONE dream. (Baki to apun kuch kar hi nahi sakta hoon na!) Where else could you find so much human goodness in one place? I am really honored and proud to have enjoyed their friendship and company.

I am NOT a realist, still I do not expect "Doosra Kinara" to compete with Shah Rukh Khan's next film, and run for 5 years at Maratha Mandir theatre, hence some of these folks are my real return on investments.

I guess I will keep the remaining portion of my gratitudnal-speech (God, I just created a new phrase!) for the Premier- At least this will bring in the crowd!!

and they are (top to bottom):
Neema Amin, Nita Shrivastava, Kristi Huthinson, Kumud Savla, Deepti, Anita, Darshan Kaur, Sandhya Bhagat, Seema Sharma, Aishwarya, Akanksha Joshi, Angad Joshi.

Ram Gupta, Vikas Saini, Gandharv Bhagat, Sandeep Savla, Apurva Shrivastava, Rafiq Batcha, Aditya Shrivastava, Anuraag Misraj, Shahid Sayed, Anurag Gaur, Kartikay Bhagat, Pranjal and Rohan Gupta.

This not the complete team as many had some prior enaggmnets and could not make it.

Ps: The reason you see Shahid Sayed twice is because one of them is the damn producer and producer se kaun panga leta hai!!

(photoshop effects, Gandharv Bhagat)

2 comments:

faith said...

:) yes, to have so many wonderful friends one really needs loads of luck.. and u r lucky indeed..

good luck!

Ye manzilen !! said...

You are so right Faith- I think calling them friends is misleading. Somewhere along the way they stop being just friends and become something more. I have lived a major part of my life away from my family and have some of the best memories with friends.

I must say this though, there are many more friends, here and in India, that prefer to be in the background and I respect their wishes as well.