Thursday, December 28, 2006

Crying over a Coffee...


I was at a Starbucks on Holcomb Bridge when Mullah Luis ran into me.

Crying over a coffee?
No am not
Why not?
I am cool – Why should I cry?
You are cool? Yeah – that’s right…have you worked on your new year’s resolutions?
I do not wait for the New Year to resolve anything.
You should – but this time I have made a resolution for you.
And what is that?
Yeah and it says, “ I will fight three enemies of mine at all costs”
What are you talking about? I do not have enemies.
This is your biggest problem; you do not see the fucking World, THE WAY IT REALLY IS. You see it with your ideological lenses in which everyone looks like a F***g angel. Look around; here in this place if some folks find out you'r a “Moslem”, they would like to see your ass kicked right away.
You are generalizing people. There are some good people around here!
May be you are right, but I am not wrong either.
Ok – Whatever…
Listen – you have a problem and I am here to help.
Listen Mullah, if you want to help – help me find an actor who can deliver. I am looking for a Caucasian male, 45 years old, for my next film and….
You do not want to know the New Year resolution?
Ok – Go ahead.

Your New Year resolution is to fight three enemies that you have, and they are:
1 – Your f***g Ideology
2 – Your F***g Emotions
3 - your F***g Heart

Don’t look at me like I am some fool. You call me a Mullah for a reason – right? Listen, smart people in this World even capitalize on their enemies to make profits. You on the other hand gets hammered because of these three enemies you carry all over with you.
This is the way I am …
That ain’t is going to cut this time Shahid.
I am sick and tired of your explanations man. Get Real. You know it is so fucking easy to take you for a ride. All one needs is to know the names of a few books, philosophers, film writer/directors and one has to hate right-wingers of all major religions, and you will be a buddy in no time.
Aren’t you oversimplifying it man?
I do not care. All I know is that I see a good guy, who gets motivated because of ideology and emotions, takes up a challenge and comes down here to cry over a coffee…

I am not crying over a coffee…….

(I lied ....)

No comments: