Thursday, September 21, 2006

Nostalgia...


Every year fall brings back memories of the not so distant past. - My student days at Georgia Tech. Those were the days.....yes, those really were the days!

When I was not sure if I would be able to complete my MS. When I had no money - no car - no job, nothing. I remember asking Nagesh Kukunoor to help me buy the basic grocery and he was always happy to pick me up and take me to the Kroger at the Howell Mill Road. I used to buy the " basic" stuff like egg and bread just to get by, to stay alive. Those days a telephone call to India was worth $2.40 a minute. I used to call mom only for a few minutes just to hear her voice.

I do not know if those winters were very VERY cold or I had no proper winter clothing. Those long and cold walks to the class rooms were not that bad as my mind had the sunshine of the future to keep me warm.

Time flew linto the thin air. It always does, and here I am trying to understand where and when did life slipepd out of my grip? Where did all those moments go that were going to be with me forever? Why do I feel it was not worth it? Why does life offers everything but - stability?

Stability.....

No comments: