Sunday, October 02, 2005

Triology !

I am just back from Starbucks after discussing my part of trilogy with the " greatest creative team in Atlanta area" i.e. GiriMohan Coneti and Rafique.

Giri, the hard to please critic surprised me by appreciating what I wrote. I had to confirm this from Rafiq a couple of times that what I heard is correct. May be he was still under the influence of alcohol from last night's party at the Cafe Istanbul. It is so satisfying to get good reviews from folks that you trust.

So, now the focus shifts to the exe- cute- producer Rafiq Batcha to line up actors for the film. He has good networks, which includes some of the prettiest people inside the perimeter. I am sure he will line up a good bunch for the audition next week.

This trilology is one of the best things going for our team - besides Giri 's two weeks vacation in Italy. We are so excited with the prospect of taking some original films to the film festival circuit. We already have one shot and edited. Giri is scheduled to shoot his on October 29 after he comes back from vacation. In the meantime I will complete the third one.

I personally feel we are doing something, which is so timely - so needed. I hope we do it the way we planned and then it will be up to Rafiq to put his Gozuita Business School MBA to work.

Future is getting better - slowly but surely!

Shahid

No comments: