Thursday, October 06, 2005

Doctors says I am OK....

Doctor James Major confirmed that I have a condition which is so common that one out of seven Americans have it. I am not an American so this statistics should not be applied in my case, but hey it does not bother me to be part of this statistics.

I, as usual was thinking the worst. I thought I am going to die. I thought about canceling my wedding as I would not want to leave a young widow around for others to take a chance. I even began thinking about my will and what would I do with so much wealth that I have accumulated?

I thought of the following:

- Give it to my mom and let her do whatever she wants with it
- Set up a charitable trust to help victims of communal violence
- Institute an award in my name for any student who wants to pursue a career in films with a promise that he / she will make at least one film that is anti – right wingers from every major religion.
- Leave it to all the schools that I have attended (from World renowned Chor Bazar Munipal Urdu School to the MIT of the South, The Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Hold a function – thank all those that have been kind to me. Tell them how much I enjoyed their love and friendship.
- Write a cool epitaph for my grave that would make anyone give me (oops my grave) a big hug
- Just plain die…..and let the chips fall wherever they want to.

But God’s grace I am alive and well. Doctor told me to get married and come back for this minor surgery which will only last 3o minutes. He said I will be able to drive three days after the surgery. It was 3 in the afternoon when I left Doctors office. I had skipped my lunch because I was so stressed out. I went straight to the nearest Wendy’s and had a big chicken combo. I enjoyed the cool October breeze, the rush hour traffic and did not even mind the higher gas price ( $3.29/Gallon) at the gas station.

Believe me it helps to be alive…

Ps: The Doctors also said honeymoon would not be a problem with this condition – just make sure you are gentle and kind! ….well we shall see….


No comments: