Friday, October 14, 2005

Aadtan Aa Raha Hoon Maktal main ---Going Home Part 2

Aadtan Aa Raha hoon Maktal main…..!!

Next week this day I will be home in Bombay with family and friends…….

I do not know what I will be doing and which places I will be visiting first? It’s been 7 years almost that I walked on those streets and alleys. It seems like ages. I will be going with the last image of Bombay that I have been living with. Will I be able to recognize my city or will it recognize this boy from Byculla?

What will happen to those emotions and feelings that I have been carrying deep in my heart since I left Bombay. Will I be able to express them to the folks that matter to me? Will they listen? Have they matured enough to realize that this is their last chance to re-connect with my heart?

There are many thoughts that have been running thru my mind since I booked my flight. I am unable to calm them down. I never thought going back to your roots is going to a roller coaster ride for me…..

I do not know what made the great Kaifi Azmi write this sher, but it is apt in my case too.

“ Aadtan aa Raha hoon Maktal main
Ab to Kandhon Pe Mere Sar Bhi nahi”!!

Dekhte hain...

Shahid

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ye manzilien : u can try bade miya (behind Taj) & Ayub for kababs (opp Yellow gate)..
for goof Biryani you can try Delhi Darbar (opp Modegar), Cafe Noorani (opp Crossroads) and Cafe Shaheen (VT) :))
Alternatively you can venture out on Mohd. Ali Road, VT, Mahim Dargah area ..evenings the streets are full of goodies, malpuas, kababs,boti, ragads, kulfi's etc