Thursday, July 10, 2008

And then...


This has been a traumatic month for me. Three deaths, two colleagues and a relative in two weeks have disturbed me tremendously. One died yesterday, second one died last week while driving home, and third one died in a hospital at a young age. One was an ex marine, the other was an engineer and the third was a professional in faith based programs.

Where have they gone? How come they just go like that? No good byes no see ya...nothing. I am trying to be normal but cant stop thinking about them. Mullah says" you think too much man and every generation will have to go one day", but that does not help......Its going to be some tough nights for me...

I am not scared of death, but I want a good exit strategy. An exit strategy that calls for thanking folks for loving me, leaving me and coming back to me. A strategy that calls for realizing the dreams and goals, of helping dreamy eyed orphans and adding some value in some lives before I call it quits.

An exit strategy that I do not have right now..

PS: The above grave stone sculpture called " Asleep" was commissioned by Ms. Christina Matheson in the memory of her late husband Mr. Laurence Matheson ( April 25, 1930-Jan 12, 1987) who died at the age of 57 in Australia.

(Artist Peter Schipperheyn, Location: Mt. Macedon Cemetery, Macedon, Victoria)

8 comments:

Jyoti said...

i pray thier soul rest in peace

Unknown said...

:)
writers don't die. they live in the hearts of their readers. Aren't u suppose to be a writer?

Syed Hyderabadi said...

بہت دنوں بعد آیا ہوں تمہارے بلاگ پر۔ اور دکھ ہوا اتنی افسوسناک خبریں پڑھ کر۔ اللہ تمام مسلمانوں کی مغفرت فرمائے، آمین۔

Ye manzilen !! said...

J: Me too....

Jennifer: I hear u. Thanks.

Hayderabadi: Khuda ke Urdu wale bande - ek line to english main likh de bhai.

Syed Hyderabadi said...

Allah tamam relatives/friends ko sabr de.

yaar jaani, ab maine HINDI me bhi likhna shuru kar dia hai :

Ye manzilen !! said...

Awesome! Accha kiya....you are a godo writer...why confine yourself to words of one language? ...

Langaues are like women....they all have something special to contribute to your communication skills...

Jyoti said...

hey bhagwan...aap auraton pe theises likhna chahate hai kya???

Ye manzilen !! said...

Jyothi: Woh jo bhi likha len...hum taiyyar hoon!