Sunday, August 02, 2015

Graves..




Ye Qabar Kis Ki Hai? - I ask a group of men standing by a 15th century tomb.
"Pata Nahi. Poorani Hai bahut.."
I climb up to take a look and realize that they were the graves of two women. This is very rare to see women in Medivial India given so much respect by building tombs over them. I am thinking who they cud be? Malik Ambar's women? Malik Hameed or Fateh Khan's wives.
"Dunno who they are but they are the graves of two women of the same age". I declare as I climb down from the graves.
"How do you know they are women?" asks a man who approaches me.
"I know" - I say with dramatic authority.
"Aap Ka Naam Sir?"
"Sayed Shahid Husain".
I move on to see the hillock behind the tomb that has captured my imgagination. A small hill with a lone tree. What a place to sleep forever. All I wud need is a 50x50 plot. I can plant a yellow / orange Gulmohar tree there and thats it. I am thinking what to do as I hear a murmur in crowd.
" Uncle pahunche hue hain....Sayed Sadaat...oonchi family se. In ko maloom hoga"
"Suno bhai?"
"Ji Sir!"
"Yaar mujhe Dafan Hoe ke liye woh Jagah Mil Sakti Hai? Woh ped ke neeche wali?"
That guy reacted as if he just saw a ghost. His mouth went dry as he gulped some saliva to moist it.
" Haan kiyoon nahi!" He managed to say.
"Kis se Baat karni hogi?"
"Sir yahan ke trustee se...."
I gave him my number asking him to inform me how much will it cost and what are the formalities.
Two weeks later as I am sitting with my frnds practicing my humor, I get a call from an unknown number. This was from the same guy.
" Sir, Main ne Trustee se baat Ki. Woh Kehne lage woh Jagah Dargha Ke Upar hai. To is se Dargha wale Baba ki insult Ho Sakti hai. Aap neehe kahin batayen mil jayegi"
My frnds heard the conversation. They too saw ghost!!
It looks like Death has no frnds..

No comments: