Friday, October 10, 2014

Milo to Khush aur na Milo to...



Agha Jaani Kashmiri, was a legendary writer n actor who wrote some of the memorable films in 40s, 50s, and 60s. Some of them are Anmold Ghadi, Humayun, Amar, Mujhe Jeene Do, Chori Chori and almost all of Joy Mukherjee's films. In fact he was the one who saw Joy, and pressured his father S. Mukherjee to allow him to act....saying he will take care of his diction and teach him acting.
Anyways. this post is not about him. Its about Ashok Kumar. The picture below is from his autobiography called "Seher Hone Tak", published in 1967 or so. He had dedicated his book to many frnds from the Industry and to Pt. Nehru. In this page he is dedicating it to Ashok Kumar with an interesting anecdote. He writes " Ashok Kumar is a 30 year old frnd, and it was he who dragged Ashok Kumar to Anmol Ghadi and Humayun".
Well, this post is about what he writes next. He says "Whenever I run into Ashok Kumar, he hugs me and says yes to everything I say - even though I may not see him again for a long time. Ashok believes in "Milo to Khush aur Na Milo to Aur bhi Zayada Khush".
That line gave me the 'aha' moment after I bought it from a raddi-wala on a footpath of Bhindi Bazar. This book made me and old man even when I was suppose to be a teenager. This book has lived in two different continents with me.....traveled to many cities internationally. It contains many gems, but the one I internalized was "Milo to Khsuh aur Na Milo to Aur bhi Zayada Khsuh"
Just think about it for a second.....
By believing and living with this dictum you are offering freedom to everyone in your circles. No one is be pressured to see you, at the same time no one is stopped from seeing you as well. Happiness is the result whether you meet or not.....
When frnds meet me after a long time or meet me daily or weekly, I thoroughly enjoy them. I go full throttle on my humor and laugh like there is no tomorrow! I seldom complain to anyone ke why you didn't meet or never called. For me, meeting me after many years is not the topic of reverence, what is important is what we are going to do next......
Coz I have set everyone free with by living Ashok Kumar Mantra " Milo to Khush aur na Milo to Aur Bhi Zadya Khush!"
Try it.....it will set you free for life.....

No comments: