Thursday, May 23, 2013

A City by the river...




Years ago while driving thru a small town, US the Maqtaa for this ghazal descended upon me. I posted it on my blog but chose not pursue the entire ghazal. Today, after so many years I thought what the heck.....I aint gonna feel apologetic about a certain town by the river....I might as well celebrate its existence in my life...so here is the ghazal with remaining ashaar. Enjoy.

Sulagti Yaadon ka Dariya Udhar Jo Behta hai
Zaroor Wahin Kahin Ek Be-Wafa bhi Rehtaa hai

Bin Chaand Siyah Raaten Apna Muqaddar to hain
Aasman pe Uske Andhera magar kiyoon rehtaa hai?

"Itne Baras baad bhi main, Tum ko Samajh na Paayi!"
Kal Kehtaa tha woh, Suna hai , Ab Bhi Yehi Kehta hai

(C) Shahid Parvez Sayed, May 15th, 2013

2 comments:

Anirudh 'Lallan' Choudhry said...

awesome...subhanallah

Ye manzilen !! said...

Shukriya Ani....