Friday, April 04, 2008

The breaks-ups and more...



I have been getting some un-wanted phone calls lately. I tried to reason with callers and requested them repeatedly to stop chasing me. Nothing worked. When I ran out of patience and humor, I decided to change my cell number. I hated to let go of that old number as it was picked up by my first girl friend at a Home Depot by the Mall of Georgia...

The new number brought some peace of mind- but not for long. I started getting some seriously troubling messages. Apparently a high school teenager called Kathrine had that number before me. It was revealing and educating experience for me as a writer, to see how kids are behaving these days. One SMS used the word "whore" for her and the other mentioned about fun at the upcoming "prom night ". There were threats and F words and more....I felt sympathy for this girl. Ustaad Nida Fazli is on record:

" Us ke Dushman hain Bahut Aadmi Accha Hoga
Woh bhi Meri Trah Is Shahr main Tanha Hoga!"

It did not take long to figure out who she was running away from. The guy with most messages was called Luke - "the sky-rocket"! When I had enough of it I sent an SMS to Luke - "the sky-rocket" informing him of my gender and sexual orientation. As expected he thought Kathrine was sending him the responses. When some one said there is nothing called free Lunch in America, they really meant it. This "education" was costing me money so I finally called him. I told him that he has two options:

a: Get Katharine's new number or
b: Forget her!

He enjoyed those lines but refused to believe that I do not know her. He thought that I am Kathrine's friend and protecting her. There were other guys too that kept sending messages at odd hours. Some jebroni from Bollywood once said "it is tough to be a woman in the film industry!" I think it is tough to be a woman no matter what industry one is in..I felt for this poor girl. She was facing the same irrational behavior that we all indulge in - ie not accepting the inevitable!

Why people do not move on when relationships fall apart? Why do they wait for one person to act nasty before they lose hope of any reconciliation? Why does it all have to end this way?

I applaud Shahid and Kareena Kapoor for having an exemplary break up. None of them sound bitter when they speak about each other. They both have moved on. It was easy for Kareena as she found a Nawab for the company ( women always find someone first...!!) but poor Shahid was apparently too busy with his career to see the upcoming train wreck. Why can't we all behave like that? Why do we have to come up with allegations and lies to demonize a person before or after the break up?

Mullah has divided womenfolks ( and vice versa for being PC!) in five categories ( Front Page News, Good News, Bad News, Terrible News and Horrible News). He often criticizes me for not differentiating between a Good News and the Bad News types. In this case Luke-"the sky-rocket" was behaving like a bad news....

I dunno about all these Good and bad News. All I know is that if you can write a poem on a woman before you met her, after you met her and after the break up then she is a sure Good News.

Relationships, specially between couples survive on an oxygen called " Trust" and if that " trust" is sucked out then nothing is left. In this start-up joint venture everything is negotiable but trust! We all must recognize that defining moment when trust was broken and move on. There is always someone somewhere waiting...

I did...

4 comments:

Jyoti said...

"So, world for woman is same everywhere."

and of course someone somewhere is waiting..just need to wait for that time to come.

Ye manzilen !! said...

:)

JustSo said...

I really love the way this post has been written. love it!

Ye manzilen !! said...

Arpana-
I am glad you liked it....Meri Deewangi kisi kaam to aayi!
Thanks for stopping by..