Thursday, November 24, 2005

Yellow - a song by Chris Martin

Coldplay the indie band has this song that my friend Gandharv introduced me to. It is an awsome song with deep words. Here is what other peole think of the song and of Chris Martin.
---
Here is the lyric

Lyrics for: Yellow

Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
Yeah, they were all yellow.



I came along,
I wrote a song for you,
And all the things you do,
And it was called "Yellow."


So then I took my turn,
Oh what a thing to have done,
And it was all "Yellow."


Your skin
Oh yeah, your skin and bones,
Turn into something beautiful,
You know, you know I love you so,
You know I love you so.


I swam across,
I jumped across for you,
Oh what a thing to do.


Cos you were all "Yellow,"
I drew a line,
I drew a line for you,
Oh what a thing to do,
And it was all "Yellow."



Your skin,
Oh yeah your skin and bones,

Turn into something beautiful,
And you know for you,
I'd bleed myself dry for you,
I'd bleed myself dry.


It's true, look how they shine for you,
Look how they shine for you,
Look how they shine for,
Look how they shine for you,
Look how they shine for you,
Look how they shine.


Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And all the things that you do


AND this is what people think about the song, Chris Martin and the word yellow.


I had an interview with chris martin in canada last year and i had asked him what he specifically meant by using the word YELLOW. He said it means caution, he was doing all he could for the girl (in the song) but she was pusing him away because she was unsure or just being caution. and he drew a line at the end of the song just strongly realizing she is an unsure person.
- christine, toronto, Canada
One of the things I learned about songs is the best are slightly ambiguous - and thus allow for multiple interpretations, so you can personalize its significance to you. To me, yellow is the color of warmth, the color of the sun. The line "I drew a line" refers to the notion of drawing a line in the sand where you won't allow someone to cross (to defend yourself and those you love). [Again - these are my interpretations] I love the song - because it speaks to me - and I can relate to it. And that was nicely confirmed for me when I recently attended their Columbus Ohio Twisted Logic gig - and melted like all the rest of the audience.
- Robert, Pittsburgh, PA

a simple yet romantic love song. not too mushy, yet you can still feel goosebumps especially if someone sings this song to you. just love the reason why color yellow's used as the main color/imagery in this song.all of us are indeed cowards when it comes to revealing our true feelings, especially as far as love is concerned. oh well, that's how love is!!!it also brightens our day just like the color yellow!!!
- may, davao city, Other

this song is great. I think this song is about how you see things from a different prospective when you are in love and how he will do anything for this person. "for you i'd bleed myslef dry" I absolutely love the line "look at the stars look how thye shine for you" just great, words cant really explain the greatness of this masterpiece
- Dusan, Berkely, IA

I hadn't heard this song until recently. Very recently recovered from cancer myself, my love always called me sunshine. Everything around me was yellow. He played the video for me and I just sat there, tears pouring. To me, the song means the continuation of my life. Forever yellow. It is the most powerful thing I have ever heard, and felt.
- Susan, New Egypt, NJ

I believe that the first lines of this song outline what comes throughout the rest. Stars symbolize hope, wishes, dreams.. so in turn the world "yellow" throughout the rest of the song refers to a dream or wish. This dream/wish is someone who he loves. He does everything to reach her and in the end everything was always all "yellow." The stars shined for her because he was so in love with her that his wish was to reach her.
- KT, NY, NY

The "yellow" in the song comes from how the person being sang to is a drug user, more specificaly a heroin addict thats my opinion and im sticking to it
- Hans, oakdale, CA

Looking outside the "Jaundice" theory, here is something to think about; Yellow has a lot of meanings in certain cultures. It also stimulates the nervous system and envokes wisdom. Buddha dressed all of his priests in yellow to show intellect. To be "all yellow" means you are quick witten because your nerves are in an active condition throughout the body.
- Amanda, tampa, FL










No comments: