Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Some moments ....

Well, I do have some pleasent update after a depressing posts. The city did come to " life" and I felt so home. I am not authorised to share all the momnets, but a few I can list without the fear of being sued...

1: We, 12 of us from the class of 1989 visited college last week. Satish wanted his Leaving Certificate after 17 years He wanted a proof that he fianlly left college. Iqbal the co-ordinator called everyone. All except me were suppose to be officially on jobs. We met and visited all the spots we can. The college has changed and looking better now. I am not sure about the academics but the students and the buildings were looking great. Everyone has retired except a few lab attendents and peons. To my surprise a peon A.V. Naik called Iqbal by his roll number. I was surprised. I asked him how he could remember Iqbal's Roll number after so many years? The reply was " Bas Kiya Shahid - Tere Roll Number 27 tha na..."
Man - that hit me. This is India - This is Home. This is what keeps NRIs attached to the homeland. I felt so connected in a heartbeat. Later they told us about thier sons and daughters that are on thier way to becoming Engineers and progarmmers. Thanks Naik - Thanks for touching my heart buddy. You rock!

2:I was waiting for a bus at the kemps corner area and an idea descended on me about my next project. I did not have a pen to write it down. I asked this Chanawala if he has a pen that I can borrow. He did not. I sat down to memorize my idea and then realize that chanawala was asking every customer if he or she has a pen. Unbelievebale! I did not even buy anything from him. The guy wanted to make sure I get the pen to write.

We all know how these scenes would have played out in other countries.......!!!

Shahid

ps: My friends have not changed. Infact speaking with some of them I felt like we never left the College. Wohi bad tameezyan and wohi ladkiyon ki baaten.....sudhar jao Iqbal and Raees.

4 comments:

All Talk and No Action said...

Yes, India hai hi itna achha...:)

Btw..quite a co-inci...my roll no in college - 27!!!

Ye manzilen !! said...

Really....awesome! U now 2+7 = 9 meaning your husband is going to love you ( I read it in a book)!
Good luck...

All Talk and No Action said...

hahahaha.....
I dont know where that comes from...But thnx !
N from what I have read I should get well w no 3,6,9 people...(numerology) :)

Ye manzilen !! said...

Jytotshi ji bole ke hum 3, 6 aur 9 teeno hon....as per Hindi, Urdu and English calcs....
:)
Can someone beat that?