Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Wafa it is....


It was on 21st Roza, Hazrat Ali (RA)'s 1316th Martyrdom Anniversary that her husband left her for a heavenly journey.

Their marriage was not the usual one. In addition to other usual stuff, it had Shia-Sunni Divide to bridge. And they did a splendid job at it - I think. There are many stories of what challenges they faced and how they fought all opposition. When the CUSTODIANS of Shia-Sunni Divide, could not stop them from marrying, they banned entry of mother to her home. It remained that way for 20 years....till father's death.

Its been 37 years since father died, still each Ramzan she recites 2/3 Quran on her own and dedicates it to fathers soul on the 21st Roza. This ritual is suppose to help the departed soul in the hereafter specially in making the day of judgment transactions easier.

She has been doing it for 37 years, yes thirty seven years.....except this year. She was too in-firmed to recite Quran this year.. I asked her whey she did not delegate it to me or to someone else. She said " I like to do it on my own and will do it once I feel better".

I see her acts as epitome of Wafa and love. No one forced her to do what she has been for 37 years...no one cared and there was no reward for it. Still, to improve the conditions of father, my mother has been doing the Quran Recitation for so long.....

I never look at Romeo - Juilet, Shireen - Farhaad stories to know what love can be....I got a better and more real example -- right here at home!!

The Moral of the story is: No matter how nasty a woman behaves with me, after doing the usual Maatam (Mourning), I go back to my default mode of being in love with the concept of women. I think they are far far capable of more Wafa then we, men can ever achieve!!

Here is to my first love....my mom!!

ps: My rebellious streak to break all the walls of color, nationality, caste, religion, age and social status comes from them......Mind it!!

PPS: This should also explain why I have "admirers" in all colors, nationalities, caste and religions including Pathans.....LOL

No comments: