Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Wahin Kahin ek ....


Sulagti yadon ka Dariya Udhar jo behta hai
Wahin kahin Ek Be Wafa bhi Rehtaa hai..

On a recent road trip to Obama land, Washington DC, I passed through some small towns that had rivers, broken bridges, one way streets and forgotten paths. I dont know what town I was passing through, when this stanza started descending on me. khair...ab kiya farak padtaa hai...

I would like to complete this ghazal and see where it leads to, but I would rather leave it as it is - just one sher, one khyaal, one lamhaa...

(C) Shahid Parvez Sayed

3 comments:

Anirudh 'Lallan' Choudhry said...

beautiful... maloom hai sir.. ab mujhse ahaar nahi kaghe jate.. pata nahi kya ho gaya hai...!

Ye manzilen !! said...

Ani: Isi wakt ke liye Nida Fazli ne kaha hai "Kitaben zindagi se door kiyyon hain?"

When dreamy college eyes see the REAL life - this is what happens. You will be ok...hang in there...u will write again..

Anirudh 'Lallan' Choudhry said...

hmm... sahi hai,,

ghalib-o-khasta ke bahgair kaunse kaam band hain...?

roiye zaar zaar kya... kijiye haaye haaye kyun?