Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My brother in law got me into it...


"Actually I was not into politics, but my brother in law Khaliq and my friend Jameel forced me into politics. They told me that I don't have any identity problem, and I should get into politics. It took me two years to get convinced but once I got into it- I am enjoying it"

This is how Azhar responded to a query form Parnnoy Roy, about the reason he joined politics.

I wish he had better reasons for entering politics. If I was his constituent there is no way in the hell I would vote for someone with those reasons for entering politics. I would only entrust him with Moradabad Cricket Academy,  and not a seat in Parliament.

India needs a leadership that has progressive ideas, vision and wisdom in his/ her DNA,  to make it a force to be reckoned with in the world. 

I am not sure whether to take it as an honest admission of a rookie politician or just plain jane innocence, neverthless those words are not reassuring...

No comments: