Thursday, November 29, 2007

Allah Calling....my first film!


Allah Calling is my first film which was completed in December 2005. There was a technical issue that prevented me from releasing it. It is a single scene no-cut 3 minute short with a surprise ending.

I am very proud of it - may be more than Doosra Kinara in some ways. It explores the fundamental rights ie life, liberty and pursuit of happiness as guarenteed by the Constitution of the United States of America against terrorism and its aftermath ( all in three minutes!).

It has an old guy as the central character. Rafiqi arranged for the Japanese tourists but we could not find an old man. Last minute everyone looked at me( read an old man!!).....and I ended up playing that role.

My ruthless philosopher "Jadu" Shipman thought that we need to get it out as it is a great film with a powerful message. I might re-shoot it in February along with "a Jihad of my own". The only difference would be to replace me with a real old man who can act. ( There goes my one more chance of acting in a film!).

3 comments:

Anu Sharma said...

All the best !

Ye manzilen !! said...

Thank u hai.......

Anirudh 'Lallan' Choudhry said...

this post reminds me of my first poetic attempt...

bilakhti si hansi hansta hua wo kahe ki lut raha hun main roz yahan
aae lutere zara soch koi murda maut ki neend mein soye kitne khwab roz dekhega