Thursday, April 05, 2007

And the Oscar goes to....



Good People!

What you are about to see is very special - very personal. What you are about to see is straight from the heart - my heart!

While you are watching it, I want you to think of those people who made this film a possibility.

I want you to think of my music director Apurva Shrivastava, who worked day and night to compose the music. I want you to think of his wife Nita, who let him work with me even till wee hours of their wedding anniversary night.... I want you to think of Sandeep Savla, the sound engineer who supported us in our efforts.

I want you to think of Kristi Hutchinson who did an excellent job of playing Amber Anderson and Vikas who did his best as Sameer Azaad. I want you to think of three school going kids Rohan, Rabia and Pranjal who are born and raised here, but did a good job acting in pretty much a foreign language film! I want you to think of Ahamd Khwaja, Anurag Misraraj and Anurag Gaur, GiriMohan Coneti, Sandhya Bhagat, Gandharv, Mullah Luis, Jeff Shipman and Rafiq Batcha....It would require another post to enumerate thier contributions.
I want you to think of those friends that want to remain anonymous, and have requested me not to thank them publicly (yes, Mam these kinds of folks still exists!). I respect thier wishes.

Most importantly I want you to think of YOURSELF, your dreams and your ambitions. I want you to think of your Doosra Kinara, to see if the search of that unknown destination is depriving you of things that matter most in life. I want you to think of your self-inflicted blind spots that are stopping you from re-connecting to your self, your past, from listening to your heart -where your first love lives....

....And finally I want you to think of the writer/director, who made this film with the hope that it will help new generation of dreamers, in realizing that when they fly away they leave behind a loving father who wants them to stay, a mother who does not know what to say, and friends who are proud and yet sad at the same time. This writer thinks that if he can help one teenageer in realizing what is important in life, "to apun ka pasie wasool ho jayega!" (you can never take Mumbai out of someone!). It is a naive thinking but the world sure can afford a few jebronis like him!

Enjoy!

Ps: Rafiqi emailed me yesterday, reminding me of a quality that He "thinks" I have: Determination, he said. (I do not know what else they teach at Gozuieta Business School, coz he was very up-to-date on me!). Well, this one is for that Determination...!

7 comments:

faith said...

woww!!

when is the release date? aur lyrics kaha milenge es movie ke :)

good luck..

Shagufta said...

Clap ! Clap! I see the entire sequence as a work of Art- the evening lights, that wonderful soothing music playing as the drive continues.... The drive itself is like a journey of life! A dream journey.... where you wake up to reality as the credits end! Hope the main movie is as alluring! Best wishes....

Anirudh 'Lallan' Choudhry said...

wow...the opening music is too good...especally the bass..! love it..!

Ye manzilen !! said...

Faith-
So Bhupinder ji's name got your attention huh? Why do not you buy the whole film for $40,549.05? That way you can hear the song as many times as want.

I will throw in a couple of deleted scenes as a goodwill gesture. Payment by credit cards gets further 3% discount and if you make a direct deposirt from your Wachovia bank acount that you here then you get 5% discount.....
What ya say?
LOL....

Shagufta:
I was really concerned about the reaction of my biggest no-holds-barred critic. Thanks. I feel relieved. Life is not perfect how can I make a movie perfect saab? My team and I did our best in all departments.....baki dekhte hain. Itne paise main itan hi mielga...

Anirudh:
Thanks. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Ye manzilen !! said...

Faith-
I am going to do one more tariler with one sher in Bhupinder ji's voice.

Unfortunatly Life is not about films only - I have my own sets of poisions. It should be out sometime next month.....or as soon as Red Chilli Entertainment offers me a good deal....
:)

Unknown said...

Ok...you know how to whet one's apetite Shahid Saab... ;) Zyaada kya kahein, Shagufta has said it best. You have shown us a flourish of your brush...now we are all waiting to see the whole masterpiece :)

Ye manzilen !! said...

Akshat,
Main bachpan se bada "Drama Baaz" hoon, please laffazi pe mat jao!!

Hum khud "Dark- Room" main kisi photographer ki trah film ke DEVELOP hone ka intezaar kar raha hoon - hoping it will live upto the hype....

Warne maare gaye Gulfaam....