Monday, February 13, 2017

Shopping after maa

U go to the supermarket after three months, and as usual pick up something for mom.
Next second it feels like someone just shot ur heart point blank.
Maa not there..who are u buying this for?
There is no one now to accept it with a smile and twinkle in her eyes. No one to tell u not to buy and then read label for what it is and the price on it..
U want to cry but being a grown up u are expected to behave. So u buy whatever and exit the supermarket in a hurry.
(Buying things for her was part of my strategy to make sure she understands that she remains in my mind no matter I go. That she is needed and wanted and loved. When old people feel neglected and not needed, that is when they decide to go - I believed.
I spent all my life letting her know she is needed forever in my life).
Life was never this painful. Never.

No comments: